1. In these ticket purchase terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions), the capitalised terms shall have the following meaning:
ECB shall mean the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited;
Ground Regulations shall mean the regulations governing entry to the Venue as publicised by the relevant Venue owner.
Match shall mean any cricket match played as part of The Hundred, the particulars of which are indicated on the Ticket;
Match Hospitality Ticket shall mean a ticket (which may be in physical or electronic form) giving right of entry to a Match on a ground entry basis and hospitality basis at a particular Venue in accordance with the details indicated thereon;
Match Ticket shall mean a ticket (which may be in physical or electronic form) giving right of entry to a Match on a ground entry basis (i.e. without hospitality) at a particular Venue in accordance with the details indicated thereon;
The Hundred shall mean the new and additional domestic cricket competition to be played in “100-ball” format being implemented and staged by the ECB with effect from the 2020 cricket season in England and Wales;
Ticket shall mean any Match Ticket and Match Hospitality Ticket;
Ticket Holder shall mean any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser, his/her guest or any person to whom the Ticket was issued or transferred in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
Ticket Purchaser shall mean any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser, his/her guest or any person to whom the Ticket was validly issued or transferred in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
Venue means the entire premises of a ground or stadium where a Match is scheduled to take place and to which a Ticket is required to gain access, including all entrance and exit gates.
2.Tickets will be issued at the discretion of the ECB and its authorised agents on the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions govern the purchase of all Tickets issued for The Hundred and the subsequent admission to any Venue to attend a Match. All Tickets are issued by the ECB for or on behalf of the relevant Venue.
3.By applying for, purchasing or being allocated Tickets, the Ticket Purchaser shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. The Ticket Purchaser (and any Ticket Holder) may not purchase, hold, use or attempt to use a Ticket or enter a Venue if they do not understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions incorporate all Ground Regulations by reference and in agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the Ticket Purchaser and every Ticket Holder also agrees to comply with the applicable Ground Regulations.
4. All Tickets issued, no matter how the Ticket is purchased, used or obtained, remain subject to these Terms and Conditions at all times. Every Ticket Holder shall be deemed to have been made aware of these Terms and Conditions and to have accepted and agreed to comply with these Terms and Conditions, no matter how the Ticket is purchased, used or obtained.
5. All Tickets are issued by or on behalf of the ECB and shall remain the property of the ECB at all times.
6. In the case of any conflict or ambiguity between these Terms and Conditions and any abbreviated terms printed on a Ticket (if applicable), these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
7. Ticket Purchasers must be sixteen (16) years old or above. Tickets may only be purchased through the ECB and its authorised agents. Any Tickets purchased from an unauthorised ticketing agent will not be valid and the Ticket Purchaser will not be permitted to enter the Venue. There will be a limit of ten tickets (of a specific Ticket type) that each Ticket Purchaser may purchase.
8. The sale or issue of any Ticket is final and non-refundable except as may be outlined in the refund policy in paragraph 17 below or as required by applicable law. Once a booking has been made it cannot be altered.
9. The ECB and its authorised agents reserve the right not to replace or accept any Ticket which has been lost, stolen, damaged or forged, or any Ticket which is unreadable or incomplete.
10. The Ticket Purchaser assumes absolute responsibility for all Tickets booked in his/her name and will be penalised if any of those Tickets are used in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to if any Tickets allocated to him/her are used or offered for sale in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, whether or not such contravention took place with the knowledge of the Ticket Purchaser.
11. The ECB reserves the right to refuse the sale of Tickets to individuals or other persons if it reasonably believes such individual or person is intending to re-sell the Tickets. The ECB also reserves the right to refuse the sale of Tickets to anyone who is subject to a current prohibition preventing them from purchasing Tickets due to a prior contravention of the ECB’s ticket Terms and Conditions and/or ECB regulations and/or any Ground Regulations.
12. Any Ticket acquired in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be null and void. The ECB and/or the relevant Venue shall be entitled to confiscate or invalidate any ticket or tickets which are offered for sale or acquired in contravention of these Terms and Conditions and no refund shall be given.
Transfers and Resale
13. Tickets are non-transferrable except as set out in these Terms and Conditions. A Ticket Purchaser may purchase Tickets for their own personal use and/or that of their guests, but may not purchase any Ticket as an agent for another person. No Ticket Purchaser may sell, offer for sale, auction by any means, re-sell or transfer a Ticket without the prior written approval of the ECB. All Ticket Purchasers are responsible for ensuring that their guests fully understand that all Tickets are strictly non-transferrable.
14. Tickets shall not, without the prior written permission of the ECB, be:
- used for any promotion, advertising, fundraising, auction, raffle or any other similar commercial or non-commercial purposes;
- used as a prize (or part of a prize) in any contest, competition, (promotional) game of chance, lottery or sweepstake;
- combined with and sold or transferred as part of any package of goods or services or otherwise used to enhance the demand for any other goods or services;
- combined with and sold or transferred as part of any travel, accommodation, entertainment or hospitality package; or
- offered publicly whether for sale or as a gift or donation or any other means of transfer; or
- offered or transferred, used or otherwise disposed of in the course of any business for the purpose of facilitating a third party’s business or otherwise commercial gain.
15. Any Ticket offered for sale, sold, transferred, used or disposed of in contravention of these Terms and Conditions may be cancelled by the ECB without notice and any Ticket Holder seeking to use such Ticket may be refused admission to and/or removed from the relevant Venue without compensation or refund.
16. The ECB and/or the relevant Venue may request photographic proof of identity of the Ticket Holder before allowing entry into the Venue as well as proof of purchase as to how, from whom and from where the Tickets have been obtained. If a Ticket Holder is unable to provide such satisfactory evidence, the ECB and/or the relevant Venue may in its absolute discretion cancel the Ticket(s) immediately and the Ticket Holder may be refused admission to and/or removed from the relevant Venue without compensation or refund.
Cancellations and Refunds
17. In the event of cancellation or curtailment of play due to adverse weather, the ECB shall effect any refund or reimbursement which may be due to a Ticket Purchaser in accordance with the following refund policy. If there are 100 balls or less of play and no result, due to adverse weather, on the day for which the Ticket is valid, an automatic full refund of the Match Ticket value only (i.e. excluding any hospitality element of any Match Hospitality Ticket) will be made to the original Ticket Purchaser. In no other circumstances will a refund be issued.
18. The ECB reserves the right to cancel, curtail, postpone or make alterations to the time, date, duration and location of any Match in the event of unforeseen circumstances, including (without limitation), any force majeure, event safety and security concerns or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the ECB. In the event of such action being taken, the ECB shall not be liable for any refund, loss (including indirect or consequential loss), damage or expense caused.
19. The Ticket Holder is not guaranteed an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of any Match from the position provided, nor is any representation given as to the quality, content or duration of any Match. The Ticket Holder acknowledges and accepts that the ECB and the relevant Venue do not guarantee protection from the weather and elements from their seat.
20. Admission to a Venue will only be authorised on presentation of a valid Ticket, in whole form and not defaced in any way. One Ticket will be required for each person entering the Venue. Ticket Holders under the age of fourteen (14) years must be accompanied by a Ticket Holder aged eighteen (18) years or above who shall be responsible for them and their compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
21. In the event of an e-ticket being in operation for a Match, the Ticket Purchaser may enter the relevant Venue either by printing out the e-ticket on white paper or by showing the e-ticket on a mobile device. In the event of a mobile ticket being in operation for a Match, the Ticket Purchaser may enter the relevant Venue by showing the mobile ticket on their mobile device. The barcode on each e-ticket and/or mobile ticket will only admit ONE entry per e-ticket and/or mobile ticket. Multiple copies must not be made; the first e-ticket scanned at the Venue will be allowed entry, however, subsequent scans (whether the original or copies) will not be allowed entry into the relevant Venue.
Media and Recordings
22. Any Ticket Holder attending a Match shall not (other than for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes and not for commercial gain) make or use, broadcast, narrowcast, telecast, transmit, publish, disseminate, reproduce or circulate by any means (including, without limitation, utilising television, radio, satellite, the internet, any wireless service or any other current or future means of format or media), any broadcast, recording, audio, video, photograph, text, data, image, statistic, result, commentary, news report or any other information relating to any Match (in each case in whole or in part) or assist any other person(s) in the conduct of any of such activities.
23. Each Ticket Holder attending a Match irrevocably and unconditionally:
- consents without compensation to the recording of their voice, image and likeness captured by any means (including, without limitation, audio, visual and audio-visual recordings by television cameras and photographers) whilst present at or about a Venue and agrees to the transmission and use in perpetuity of such recording by the ECB, its commercial partners and any licensee or assignee of ECB by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast, transmission or other dissemination or recording, photographs or any other current and/or future media technologies to the fullest extent possible; and
- acknowledges and agrees that ECB is the sole legal and beneficial owner of the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of any nature whatsoever in and to any recordings of sound made or images taken within a Venue (including, without limitation, any such recordings made by the Ticket Holder in breach of paragraph 22 of these Terms and Conditions), including future rights to such recordings or to any works derived from such recordings and hereby consents, on an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual basis, to the ECB using, disclosing, reproducing, transmitting, exhibiting, communicating, renting, adapting or publishing anywhere in the world any such recordings.
24. The use of any cameras, mobile phones, computers and other electronic equipment, for the recording, transmission or communication of match details, statistics, images etc is not permitted other than with the proper accreditation.
Waiver and Indemnity
25. Each Ticket Holder admitted to a Venue acknowledges that their presence and/or movement in and around a Venue is at their own risk and that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable local law, neither the ECB nor any of the authorised ticket agents nor any authorised persons are liable for any loss, damage and/or harm, including (without limitation) bodily or mental harm, personal property damage or any loss, loss of profit, business or opportunity, indirect or consequential loss, special damages or any other loss and/or harm howsoever arising from any Match and/or the Tournament (including, without limitation, arising as a result of the cancellation, postponement or relocation of the same in each case) and/or occurring during their attendance at a Venue and, without limitation to the foregoing, each Ticket Holder agrees that no claim, complaint or proceeding will be brought in relation to the foregoing.
26. Each Ticket Holder shall indemnify and hold the ECB, the authorised ticket agents, the Venue and all authorised persons harmless from and against all loss, damages and liabilities, including (without limitation) bodily or mental harm, personal property damage or loss, loss of profit, business or opportunity, indirect or consequential loss, special damages or any other loss and/or harm howsoever arising (including but not limited to the costs of enforcement or attempted enforcement of these conditions), suffered or incurred by any of them in connection with, resulting from, or arising out of, a breach by the Ticket Holder of any of these Terms and Conditions.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit the ECB’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other type of liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law. The ECB’s aggregate liability in all other circumstances shall otherwise be limited to the face value of the applicant’s Ticket(s).
28. The ECB reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time at the ECB’s sole discretion and without notice. A full copy of the latest version of these Terms and Conditions (as amended if appropriate) will be available on The Hundred website (thehundred.com) and upon request from the ECB.
29. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable the provision shall be amended in a reasonable manner or it may be severed from the terms. In either event the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
30. These Terms and Conditions (and the relevant Ground Regulations) constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these Terms and Conditions which is not already set out in these Terms and Conditions.
31. These Terms and Conditions shall not affect a person’s statutory rights as a consumer.
32. Any person not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
34. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the ECB reserves the right to pursue legal proceedings in a competent court of the applicant/Ticket holders’ domicile, where such proceedings shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law.