The Hundred 2021 - Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions
1. In these ticket purchase terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions), the capitalised terms shall have the following meaning:
ECB shall mean the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited;
Ground Regulations shall mean the rules and regulations governing entry to the Venue as updated by the relevant Venue owner from time to time. Links to each Venue’s current Ground Regulations can be found below:
Match shall mean any cricket match played as part of The Hundred, the particulars of which are indicated on the Ticket;
The Hundred shall mean the new domestic cricket competition to be played in “100-ball” format being implemented and staged by the ECB with effect from the 2021 cricket season in England and Wales;
Ticket shall mean a ticket (which may be in physical or electronic form) giving right of entry to a Match on a ground entry basis (i.e. without hospitality) at a particular Venue in accordance with the details indicated thereon;
Ticket Holder shall mean any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser, his/her guest or any person to whom the Ticket was issued or transferred in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
Ticket Purchaser shall mean any individual who has purchased a Ticket in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
Venue means the entire premises of a ground or stadium where a Match is scheduled to take place and to which a Ticket is required to gain access, including all entrance and exit gates.
2. Tickets will be issued at the discretion of the ECB and its authorised agents on the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions govern the purchase of all Tickets issued for The Hundred and the subsequent admission to any Venue to attend a Match. All Tickets are issued by the ECB for or on behalf of the relevant Venue and shall remain the property of the ECB at all times.
3. By applying for, purchasing or being allocated Tickets, the Ticket Purchaser shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. The Ticket Purchaser (and any Ticket Holder) may not purchase, hold, use or attempt to use a Ticket or enter a Venue if they do not understand and agree to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions incorporate all Ground Regulations by reference and in agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the Ticket Purchaser and every Ticket Holder also agrees to comply with the applicable Ground Regulations. If a Ticket Holder fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions and/or the applicable Ground Regulations, they may be refused admission to and/or removed from the relevant Venue without compensation or refund.
4. All Tickets issued, no matter how the Ticket is purchased, used or obtained, remain subject to these Terms and Conditions at all times. In addition, the Ticket Purchaser shall be deemed to have made any subsequent Ticket Holder expressly aware of these Terms and Conditions and is responsible for ensuring that any subsequent Ticket Holder complies fully with these Terms and Conditions.
5. In the case of any conflict or ambiguity between these Terms and Conditions and any abbreviated terms printed on a Ticket (if applicable), these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
6. Each Ticket Holder must comply with all health, safety and security rules, requirements, codes of conduct and protocols which may be in place from time to time at a Venue, including (without limitation) in relation to COVID-19 or any associated public health emergency.
7. Each Ticket Holder must undertake their own health risk assessment prior to attending a Match and consider if travelling to, and attending, the Match, is appropriate (age and vulnerability of the Ticket Holder should be taken into account). This should include following all relevant Government and Public Health guidance and regulations, including the Government’s safer travel guidance for passengers.
8. A Ticket Holder must not attend a Match if:
a) they are (or anyone in their household/support bubble is) displaying COVID-19 symptoms;
b) if they are otherwise required to self-isolate (either due to a recent positive COVID-19 test or otherwise); and/or
c) they live in an area where there is a local lockdown in place at the time of the Match.
9. On request and prior to the Match, each Ticket Purchaser must provide the Venue with names and contact details of each Ticket Holder within their booking attending the Match to assist with NHS Test and Trace requirements.
10. Each Ticket Holder must follow all instructions given by Venue staff and observe signage in the Venue, including instructions and signage relating to social distancing, hygiene requirements, the process to follow should a Ticket Holder become symptomatic at the Venue, maximum capacity in Ticket Holder areas, one-way systems, queuing requirements and Test and Trace implementation such as Venue-specific QR codes.
11. Ticket Purchasers must be sixteen (16) years old or above. Tickets may only be purchased through the ECB and its authorised agents. Any Tickets purchased from an unauthorised ticketing agent will not be valid and the Ticket Purchaser will not be permitted to enter the Venue. There will be a limit of six Tickets per Match that each Ticket Purchaser may purchase.
12. The sale or issue of any Ticket is final and non-refundable except as may be outlined in the refund provisions in paragraphs 21 to 23 below or as required by applicable law. Once a booking has been made it cannot be altered.
13. The ECB and its authorised agents reserve the right not to replace or accept any Ticket that has been lost, stolen, damaged or forged, or any Ticket that is unreadable or incomplete.
14. The Ticket Purchaser assumes absolute responsibility for all Tickets booked in his/her name and will be penalised if any of those Tickets are used in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to if any Tickets allocated to him/her are used or offered for sale in contravention of these Terms and Conditions, whether or not such contravention took place with the knowledge of the Ticket Purchaser.
15. The ECB reserves the right to refuse the sale of Tickets to individuals or other persons if it reasonably believes such individual or person is intending to re-sell the Tickets. The ECB also reserves the right to refuse the sale of Tickets to anyone who is subject to a current prohibition preventing them from purchasing Tickets due to a prior contravention of the ECB’s ticket Terms and Conditions and/or ECB regulations and/or any Ground Regulations.
16. Any Ticket acquired in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be null and void. The ECB and/or the relevant Venue shall be entitled to confiscate or invalidate any ticket or tickets which are offered for sale or acquired in contravention of these Terms and Conditions and no refund shall be given.
Transfers and Resale
17. Tickets are non-transferrable except as set out in these Terms and Conditions. A Ticket Purchaser may purchase Tickets for their own personal use and/or that of their guests, but may not purchase any Ticket as an agent for another person. No Ticket Purchaser may sell, offer for sale, auction by any means, re-sell or transfer a Ticket without the prior written approval of the ECB. All Ticket Purchasers are responsible for ensuring that their guests fully understand that all Tickets are strictly non-transferrable.
18. Tickets shall not, without the prior written permission of the ECB, be:
• used for any promotion, advertising, fundraising, auction, raffle or any other similar commercial or non-commercial purposes;
• used as a prize (or part of a prize) in any contest, competition, (promotional) game of chance, lottery or sweepstake;
• combined with and sold or transferred as part of any package of goods or services or otherwise used to enhance the demand for any other goods or services;
• combined with and sold or transferred as part of any travel, accommodation, entertainment or hospitality package;
• offered publicly whether for sale or as a gift or donation or any other means of transfer; or
• offered or transferred, used or otherwise disposed of in the course of any business for the purpose of facilitating a third party’s business or otherwise commercial gain.
19. Any Ticket offered for sale, sold, transferred, used or disposed of in contravention of these Terms and Conditions may be cancelled by the ECB without notice and any Ticket Holder seeking to use such Ticket may be refused admission to and/or removed from the relevant Venue without compensation or refund.
20. The ECB and/or the relevant Venue may request photographic proof of identity of the Ticket Holder before allowing entry into the Venue as well as proof of purchase as to how, from whom and from where the Tickets have been obtained. If a Ticket Holder is unable to provide such satisfactory evidence, the ECB and/or the relevant Venue may in its absolute discretion cancel the Ticket(s) immediately and the Ticket Holder may be refused admission to and/or removed from the relevant Venue without compensation or refund.
Cancellations and Refunds
21. If there are 100 balls or less of play and no result in the men's match, due to adverse weather, on the day for which the Ticket is valid (where the date of the Match has changed, this means the new date of the Match), an automatic full refund of the amount paid for the Ticket will be made to the original credit or debit card used by the Ticket Purchaser to make the purchase of the Ticket(s).
If the men’s match is played, but there are 100 balls or less of play and no result in the women’s match, due to adverse weather, on the day for which the Ticket is valid (where the date of the Match has changed, this means the new date of the Match), an automatic 50% refund of the amount paid for the Ticket will be made to the original credit or debit card used by the Ticket Purchaser to make the purchase of the Ticket(s).
22. The ECB reserves the right to cancel, curtail, postpone or make alterations to the time, date, duration and location of any Match in the event of unforeseen or exceptional circumstances, including (without limitation), any event safety and security concerns, public health concerns or any cause beyond the reasonable control of the ECB. A refund scheme applies for the Match day for which the Ticket is valid (where the date of the Match has changed, this means the new date of the Match) in the following circumstances:
a) if spectators are unable to be admitted for any reason (for example, where a Match is to be played behind closed doors due to COVID-19), the ECB will notify the original Ticket Purchaser via email to the email address used by the Ticket Purchaser when creating an online account with The Hundred and automatically refund the amount paid for the Ticket(s) to the original credit or debit card used by the Ticket Purchaser to make the purchase of the Ticket(s). The Ticket Purchaser will not need to contact the ECB to receive this refund. The ECB will refund this amount within 60 days of the date on which the announcement by the ECB is made that spectators are unable to be admitted;
b) if social distancing requirements mean that the ECB is unable to honour all of the Tickets purchased or allocated for that Match, the ECB reserves the right to cancel all or some of the Tickets for that Match and to determine which of such Tickets to cancel in its absolute discretion. If the ECB cancels all or any of a Ticket Purchaser’s Tickets, the ECB will notify the original Ticket Purchaser via email to the email address used by the Ticket Purchaser when creating an online account with The Hundred and automatically refund the amount paid for the Ticket(s) to the original credit or debit card used by the Ticket Purchaser to make the purchase of the Ticket(s). The Ticket Purchaser will not need to contact the ECB to receive this refund. The ECB will refund this amount within 60 days of the cancellation of a Ticket Purchaser’s Ticket(s);
c) if the original Ticket Purchaser is unable to attend because although the Match for which they have purchased a Ticket is to be played with spectators present, they live in an area which is subject to a local lockdown restricting them from being able to come to the Venue, as verified by checking their postcode registered by the Ticket Purchaser when creating an online account with The Hundred. In such circumstances, provided the Ticket Purchaser contacts the ECB as soon as possible in advance of the Match to request a refund, the ECB will cancel such Ticket(s) and refund the amount paid to the original credit or debit card used by the Ticket Purchaser to purchase the Ticket(s) within 60 days of the Ticket Purchaser contacting the ECB to request a refund;
d) if the date of a Match changes, the new date of the Match will be notified to the Ticket Purchaser via email to the email address used by the Ticket Purchaser when creating an online account with The Hundred and the Ticket Purchaser will have 14 days in which to request a refund if he/she cannot attend on the new Match date. If a Ticket Purchaser requests a refund within the 14 day period, the ECB will cancel the Ticket(s) and refund the amount paid to the credit or debit card used to purchase the Ticket(s) within 60 days of the Ticket Purchaser contacting the ECB to request a refund;
e) if a Match is postponed and is not rearranged, ECB will notify the original Ticket Purchaser via email to the email address used by the Ticket Purchaser when creating an online account with The Hundred and automatically refund the amount paid for the Ticket(s) to the original credit or debit card used by the Ticket Purchaser to make the purchase of the Ticket(s). The Ticket Purchaser will not need to contact the ECB to receive this refund. The ECB will refund this amount within 60 days of the date on which the announcement by the ECB is made that the postponed Match is not going to be rearranged.
23. Save as expressly set out in paragraphs 21 and 22 above and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the ECB and/or Venue Owner will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect loss or damage, loss of enjoyment or travel or accommodation costs or expenses incurred or suffered by a Ticket Holder arising out of or in connection with the cancellation, curtailment, postponement, abandonment, interruption, relocation and/or alteration of any Match.
24. The Ticket Holder is not guaranteed an uninterrupted and/or uninhibited view of any Match from the position provided, nor is any representation given as to the quality, content or duration of any Match. The Ticket Holder acknowledges and accepts that the ECB and the relevant Venue do not guarantee protection from the weather and elements from their seat.
25. Admission to a Venue will only be authorised on presentation of a valid Ticket, in whole form and not defaced in any way. One Ticket will be required for each person entering the Venue. Ticket Holders under the age of fourteen (14) years must be accompanied by a Ticket Holder aged eighteen (18) years or above who shall be responsible for them and their compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
26. In the event of an e-ticket being in operation for a Match, the Ticket Purchaser may enter the relevant Venue either by printing out the e-ticket on white paper or by showing the e-ticket on a mobile device. In the event of a mobile ticket being in operation for a Match, the Ticket Purchaser may enter the relevant Venue by showing the mobile ticket on their mobile device. The barcode on each e-ticket and/or mobile ticket will only admit ONE entry per e-ticket and/or mobile ticket. Multiple copies must not be made; the first e-ticket scanned at the Venue will be allowed entry, however, subsequent scans (whether the original or copies) will not be allowed entry into the relevant Venue.
Media and Recordings
27. Photographs and/or any other recordings of sound made or images taken within a Venue may be used for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes only. Any Ticket Holder attending a Match shall not (other than for personal, private, non-commercial and non-promotional purposes and not for commercial gain) make or use, broadcast, narrowcast, telecast, transmit, publish, disseminate, reproduce or circulate by any means (including, without limitation, utilising television, radio, satellite, the internet, any wireless service or any other current or future means of format or media), any broadcast, recording, audio, video, photograph, text, data, image, statistic, result, commentary, news report or any other information relating to any Match (in each case in whole or in part) or assist any other person(s) in the conduct of any of such activities.
28. Each Ticket Holder attending a Match irrevocably and unconditionally:
a) consents without compensation to the recording of their voice, image and likeness captured by any means (including, without limitation, audio, visual and audio-visual recordings by television cameras and photographers) whilst present at or about a Venue and agrees to the transmission and use in perpetuity of such recording by the ECB, its commercial partners and any licensee or assignee of ECB by means of live or recorded video display, broadcast, transmission or other dissemination or recording, photographs or any other current and/or future media technologies to the fullest extent possible; and
b) acknowledges and agrees that ECB is the sole legal and beneficial owner of the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of any nature whatsoever in and to any recordings of sound made or images taken within a Venue (including, without limitation, any such recordings made by the Ticket Holder in breach of paragraph 27 of these Terms and Conditions), including future rights to such recordings or to any works derived from such recordings and hereby consents, on an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual basis, to the ECB using, disclosing, reproducing, transmitting, exhibiting, communicating, renting, adapting or publishing anywhere in the world any such recordings in whatever form the ECB thinks fit and without making any identification of the Ticket Holder in relation thereto.
29. In relation to any Match taking place at the relevant Venue, Ticket Holders are not permitted to use a mobile telephone, tablet, laptop, computer or other kind of communication device to either (i) communicate or in any way transmit any form of commentary, data or other material, for any kind of betting or corrupt or unlawful purpose; or (ii) conduct continuous betting trading activity.
30. Each Ticket Holder admitted to a Venue acknowledges that their presence and/or movement in and around a Venue is at their own risk and that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and except as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions, neither the ECB nor any of the authorised ticket agents nor any of their respective employees, directors, officers or volunteers are liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense, liability, injury or harm howsoever caused to or suffered by a Ticket Holder arising from a Ticket Holder’s attendance at a Venue in connection with any Match (including, without limitation, arising as a result of the cancellation, postponement, curtailment, abandonment, interruption, alteration or relocation of the same in each case).
31. Each Ticket Holder shall be responsible for (and shall make good) any loss, injury or damage suffered or incurred by the ECB and/or the Venue (including any of their respective employees, directors, officers or volunteers) as a direct consequence of a breach by the Ticket Holder of any of these Terms and Conditions.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions seeks to exclude or limit the ECB’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other type of liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law. The ECB’s total liability in all other circumstances shall otherwise be limited to the face value of the affected Ticket Holder’s Ticket(s).
33. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal or otherwise unenforceable the provision shall be amended in a reasonable manner or it may be severed from the terms. In either event the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
34. These Terms and Conditions (and the relevant Ground Regulations) constitute the entire agreement between the parties and no party shall have any claim or remedy in respect of any statement, representation, warranty or undertaking, made by or on behalf of any other party in relation to these Terms and Conditions which is not already set out in these Terms and Conditions.
35. These Terms and Conditions shall not affect a person’s statutory rights as a consumer.
36. Any person not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
38. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (including in relation to any non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the ECB reserves the right to pursue legal proceedings in a competent court of the Ticket Holder’s domicile, where such proceedings shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law.