3 October. It’s going to be exciting. England women. England men. Local Icons. All will be revealed in their teams for The Hundred. And those teams? We’ll reveal them too.
England women announced in teams
Stage one is complete. Each team will have picked two players from the 22-strong England Women’s central contract list. We will reveal those 16 names and which team they will be representing in The Hundred.
To find out more about the women’s player selection process click here.
England men picked for their teams
This is the part where the coaches get to pick which England men’s stars they want to represent them. The teams can select up to three red ball contracted players in their squad.
- The picks take place on 3 October
- Each team picks at least one England red ball contracted player
- Teams with one or more England Test players in their catchment area are be able to pick their preferred player
- Remaining red ball contracted players will be chosen by teams without a player in their catchment area
- Complete when every side has one England Test player
- Remaining players will then be allocated to their local team.
Read all the permutations for the coaches and who could pick which player by clicking here. And let us know what you would do too.
Local Icons revealed for the first time
The eight men’s teams in The Hundred have also had the option to negotiate with and select two local ‘icon’ players from within their catchment.
These players will be revealed in their teams on 3 October. Who will go where? We shall find out very soon.
How to be the first to find out the new teams and their first players?
With plenty of massive announcements to be made on 3 October be sure to find out who has gone to your local team by signing up below.