- Two stage process
- Some of the world’s best players
- Each team picked 12 players
- 3 October first three players selected for the eight new teams
& local icons
This is the part where the teams got to pick which England stars they want to represent them. The teams could select up to two red ball contracted players in their squad.
- Stage one took place on 3 October
- Each team picked at least one England red ball contracted player
- Teams with one or more England Test players in their catchment area were able to pick their preferred player
- Remaining red ball contracted players were chosen by teams without a player in their catchment area
- Complete when every side has one England Test player
Remaining players were then allocated to their local team. Teams had the option to negotiate with and select two local ‘icon’ players from within their catchment area. These local 'icon' players were also revealed on 3 October.
The Hundred Draft Live
Each team had picked a red-ball contracted player and two local ‘icon’ players. Now for The Draft. The remaining places in the squads were filled through the full draft. There are seven salary bands. Teams picked two players from each salary band.
The pre-draft draw determined the order of picks for the draft. The order was as follows:
- Trent Rockets
- Southern Brave
- Northern Superchargers
- Welsh Fire
- Oval Invincibles
- Manchester Originals
- London Spirit
- Birmingham Phoenix
Trent Rockets picked first. Southern Brave second. And so on for 7 rounds. Each team had 100 seconds to pick. Where an ‘icon’ had been picked, the team skipped that turn in the draft.
What happens after
The Hundred Draft?
- Each team have the opportunity for a final ‘Wildcard’ pick
- Chosen during next year’s Vitality Blast
- Eight high-performing Vitality Blast players have the chance to join one of the teams
Where can I watch
The Hundred Draft?
The Hundred Draft was broadcast live on Sunday October 20 on the following channels:
- Sky Sports Cricket, Main Event and Sky One.
- The BBC Sport website hosted a live stream and text commentary on The Hundred Draft.
- thehundred.com hosted a live stream
- The Hundred social media channels announced picks on Facebook and Instagram.
Click here to watch the full draft.
How are the women’s
- Selected in a two-stage, open-market system
- Opens on 1 September 2019
- Includes England players, international icons and home-grown stars
- The first set of players in each women's team were revealed on 3 October
- A further marquee player per team was revealed on 20 October
To read the full player selection process for the women’s teams click here.
How to stay up to date?
Be the first to hear about tickets, offers, competitions and all the latest news for The Hundred by signing up below.